Scared

• 6 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hello, I am new to the group after having my breast clinic appointment this week. The clinic were amazing. After an ultrasound, mammogram and biopsies, it was confirmed there is a suspicious lump. I am now awaiting my biopsy results. I am so scared as what this means. I am in my 30s with 2 small children and no family history of BC so this has come as a real shock. The wait is agonising! 

• Hi  

I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and found that once I had a treatment plan in place and had something to focus on I felt more in control.

When is the appointment for your results?

Treatment for breast cancer has really advanced so please don't be scared about the future. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• God bless you. The waiting is not nice. I was the same as you hun competely shocked. Im a little older than you im 45. 

I was diagnosed early june and i have hust started chemotherapy, i was praying it wouldnt be breast cancer. Unfortunately it is and i have one hell of a journey ahead of me. My advice my dear is to keep strong, follow faith and believe in yourself. 

If your results come back benign fabulous, if they come back as breast cancer okay. And so a new journey will begin, im taking each day at a time hun and thats all i can do. Im strong but im not, i suffer from anxiety and depression but i have a fantastic support unit and im sure you do aswell. They will all want to be there for you so let them. Also just try to take each day at a time. 

Your in my prayers, feel free to keep in touch. 

God bless xxx

• Hello,

thank you for replying. I’m going out of my mind waiting for the results. I don’t have an appointment yet but they said 6th Aug results should be back and they’ll call me with next steps. 

I'm trying to keep busy but i find when I have a moment to myself, my mind goes into overdrive! 

• Thank you for your reply. I think you’re right in taking each day as it comes. I hope all goes well for you. 

take care

• Yes it does hun and i was there in your place only 2 months ago so i really do get it. Now im having chemo so things do move pretty quickly. Think positive is all you can do and if they phone you with results then your good. I was called in for an appointment to get my results so i knew. And although i prepared myself or so i thought i was absolutely devastated and so was my mum and my partner and family. 

Now im taking each day at a time hun. So dont overthink, remain positive and just wait for the outcome. 

Its not easy but you can do it. If i can then anyone can. 

X

• So if they call with results, it’s good news? At the breast clinic last week, I had ultrasounds, mammograms and biopsies. I was told my the consultant and the nurse that they think it is cancer and she will be in touch once my biopsy results come in to discuss the plan of treatment. This sounds like I have it, otherwise why would they mention it? 
    sorry I’m just trying to get my head around it all.