Hi

• 2 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi I’m New 

I got diagnosed with breast cancer in February aged 41 and found out that I had to have my right boob removed and under go reconstruction which is all done 

waiting on radiotherapy 

just wanted a friendly ear really or any advice 

I really suffer with pain now in my boob when I’m on my period and no one has really said about what to expect or feel after it all feel 

• Hi, I had my mastectomy with immediate reconstruction last September. After my surgery I saw my surgeon once a week for six weeks in clinic. When I first thought I had period pains in my breast I discussed it with him. I’m not sure whether you had natural reconstruction or implants - I personally had the implants. It was explained to me that for me the pains weren’t period related as he had effectively removed everything from the breast and that it was possible it was the implants ‘settling’ which can take up to a year.

With my journey, at 46 I was not yet at menopause. But I’m now having a medically induced menopause for treatment purposes. I have had chemo and radio so your experience might be completely different. So I no longer really have the ‘period’ thing going on so, your body will probably be reacting differently. xxx

• Oh ok 

they done reconstruction using my tummy muscle didn’t have implants 

I’m only seeing my plastic surgeon every 2 to 3 month and don’t have to see my cancer surgeon till next year and that’s how they have left it really kinda feel I have to defend for my self which is fine but still feel vulnerable 

how ever Iv just had a last min discussion that they are sending my tumour off to be test to make sure I don't need any more meds or if I’m on the right meds don’t know why they didn’t do that at the beginning ( 8weeks ago) just very frustrating as this is more results I have to wait for but at least they are keeping an eye on me