New to early stages breast cancer

• 8 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi all,  firstly what a brave and strong community you all are and hoping you can guide/support me too.  Was diagnosed with IDC her2+ve breast cancer.  Have been freaking out ever since.  No impact on lymph nodes and rest of body as MRI and PET-CT all clear.  Chemo plan in place 4 cycles of AC, then 12 weekly cycles of Taxol and targeted Phesgo treatment.  Has anyone had this treatment? What’s it’s like? And side effects?

Im going to get chemo port inserted next week too as this would make life on chemo easier.

thank you

• Hello   I have just come across your post and noticed you haven't had any replies. (I can't give you an answer as I have a very different cancer!). However by my posting a reply your post will be "bumped" up to the top of the forum and be seen by other Community members and I hope you will get some answers.

Just another thought - have you considered joining the Breast cancer forum and posting there as well. I understand that forum has more members and you may well get some answers there. You can join the forum by clicking on the link I have provided and you can then either copy and paste your post or repost it. I hope this helps.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Kickit6

Welcome to the forum and tI am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had four cycles of AC and 4 cycles of Taxol and I found it ok. Everybody reacts differently to treatment. They give you medication to help with any side effects and a couple of numbers to ring in case you need them.  I haven’t had Phesgo.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, this is such a great place for support and just general day to day stuff. It’s nice to be able to chat with people in the same moment’ as you.

I have a different treatment plan to you (I’m having 4 EC followed by 4 paclitaxel) so I can’t comment on your particular drugs. I had my second round today and so far I’ve been ok (touch wood!). I was given a super duper 5 day slow release anti sickness tablet which seem to have helped me. I’ve felt a little bit more tired than normal, but I just give into it and have a doze when required! (helps sleep through the Christmas movies which seem to be on loop in my house at the moment!).

I am cold capping, is this something you’ve been offered/thinking about?

I have the PICC line in my arm. This was a weird experience having it fitted rather than painful. But I’m so glad I have it! I have really rubbish veins so all the bloods that have to be taken that would normally be a drama are super easy!

I built everything up to such mammoth proportions in my head regarding chemo, cold cap, side effects but it’s been ok.

Do ask on here anything you think of (even if it feels silly - I’ve asked about eyebrows, hair…. Sometimes it’s the little things that get you through!)

One step at a time, breathe, we’ve got this….. xxx

• Hi Daisy53, lovely to meet you and thanks so much for your response.  I hope you are keeping well and your treatment is going ok too.  I had echo, ecg and baseline bloods today and hopefully will get chemo port incision over the next week and start chemo.

we got this stronger together us all.

best wishes

• Hello JelloH, lovely to meet you and thanks so much for your response.  Those Xmas movies sure are entertaining I must saw haven’t watch too many this yr as my mind has just been all over the place.  I hope you are taking it easy too and when you have the energy you can go out for a walk.  I try and go to my local park daily just to soak up the cold fresh air….that got me though being along during lockdown and working from home during COVID and will have to be the same now too

Cold capping has been offered to me and will take advantage of it, My oncologist says it’s good so let’s see how it all works.  Have also been on the cancer hair website which I  found very useful.  I have a wig that I  bought years ago for a fancy dress party and will try and find that and also  another cheapy one just in case.

I’m going to get chemo port incision in about a week or so, so hoping that will make chemo life a bit easier.

take care and best wishes

• Hi Kickit6

My treatment is going well thanks and I’m feeling ok. I have a port in and I have to say it’s brilliant. It certainly makes getting chemo easier than having to have the nurses look for a suitable vein as my veins are very poor.

Community Champion Badge

•   hello.  I recently joined this group too and have found so much support on here, it's fantastic. 

I was diagnosed with HER2+ breast cancer on 1st December.   Mine is in one lymph node and my scans also showed it hasn't spread further thankfully. 

I start chemo on 8th January.  I'll be having 6 rounds plus hormone therepy.  Mastectomy and reconstruction in about 5 months time. 

I can't really give any advice yet about what it's like but just wanted to say hello and let you know that you're not on your own. xx