Newly diagnosed with grade 3 HER+ BC

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I'm Jak, I'm 32 and I've recently been diagnosed with with HER2 positive ductal breast cancer. It's already in my lymph nodes.

Originally I was going to have fertility treatment to save my eggs but now the oncologist has said she really wants to start chemo straight away, like next week! I don't have kids and I honestly don't know if I want them but to know now that the option is possibly being taken away from me is hard to deal with!

I've only known for 3 weeks that I have cancer and there's just so much to get my head around! 

Any advice or general chat welcome!! Slight smile

• Hi Jak 

It sounds like you've had an awful lot to deal with over these last few weeks and it's not surprising that you feel you need to get you head around it all.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the main breast cancer group which I can see you're a member of. It's a more active group than this one and I'm sure you'll get a reply there.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi. I m so sorry to hear your story. I m going through exactly the same but I m a bit older. Starting my treatment next week and chose not to harvest any eggs as I feel so anxious about delaying treatment. I know it is a hard decision but there are other options to become mum, the most important is to make sure you are treated quickly. Of course we all make this decision not lightly and you might get different advice from a lot of people. Stay positive girl! Sending love! 

• Hi Jak,

I’m 30, I also have ductal cancer with positive HER2, it’s also spread into my lymph nodes. I can’t help with the fertility unfortunately as I’m lucky enough to have children. Given the option it would be a hard one to make but I also believe that we have to make our decision based on what happens now. Sorry I can’t be much more help