After surgery therapeutic mammoplasty and sentinel lymph node biopsy and right breast reduction.

• 7 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi guys me again did anyone who has had them same surgery as me still feel a lump after surgery I am one week post op now and can still feel the lump I did read up that it’s normal and not cancer it’s gone was just checking anyone still feel the lump at the place were they took it out . Also was meant to get my results this Monday but hospital rang all the results aren’t back yet so have to wee another week hopefully nothing wrong but I guess better to wait to all back together and go one day to see treatment plan etc . Many thanks guys for all the support xx

• What you are feeling is not the lump but actually the scar tissue healing and it could also be some fluid build up. I had to have fluid drained off a seroma that formed in my breast about 2 weeks post op. The breast might start to feel heavy and uncomfortable so check out for that too. From what I understand having a hard "lump" after surgery is completely normal and this might always be there, depending on how it heals. As long as the wound feels soft and not red, painful or warm, you are doing well!

It Is best to wait for all the results as this will give you a clear idea of exactly what you are dealing with and will guide them to the best possible treatment. I had my surgery on 11 May and still awaiting oncotype result. The waiting is the worst! 

• Ah thank you so much yes not red or hot to touch or painful more like what you said . I had my operation 28th may was meant to get results this Monday but they rang me yesterday to say all not back yet so waitin now for new date .  Yes waitin the worst just want to see what treatment I need etc can I ask what surgery you had and what type cancer . How ya are you keeping x

• I had a wide local excision with sentinel lumph noe biopsy. They removed 3 lymph nodes. I had stage 2 invasive IDC, ER and PR positive (both 8/8) and HER2 negative. I am okay now. The scar under my arm was a bit problematic as ons of the stitches came out but luckily no infection and it is healing very well. I am a teacher so I am going back to work on Monday but only for 3 days this week to get the students sorted for this term and then I think I am going to go off until this is all done and dusted

• Sorry just read your profile there almost same as mine cancer . grade 2 invasive ductal breast cancer NST in left breast sensitive to hormone oestrogen and is HER2 Negative.  My operation was left therapeutic mammoplasty and sentinel lymph node biopsy and right breast reduction.  Getting there slowly each day x

• Yes, do take it slow. Don't push yourself and rest when you feel you need to. I felt extreme fatigue for about 10 days after the op before my energy slowly returned

• Yes very tired do you have to go through chemo etc ? Or have they gave you any idea of treatments . I am off work as was on maternity leave as have wee baba 8 months was just getting ready to go back to work when found the lump . Yes your just rite take off and rest your mind and body xx

• With HER2 negative tumour, cjemo is not necessary. If it was positive, Chemo would have been on the table. Today they have this amazing test called an oncotype where they sent your tumour to AmericaRoflo check 21 genes to see the likelihood of your cancer returning. If this comes back with a high score I will need to have chemo but I am preparing myself for it. Chemo is not nice but it is actuallyRoflur friend. It offers us another layer of protection so if i need to get chemo, I am going for it. You will get more answers when your results come back and they will look at your wound as well. With a small baby, you need to make sure you get enough rest and take very good care of yourself too. I am much older than you , at 49 but in terms of breast cancer thats still considered young. I don't feel it though. Sorry for the smiley faces! I wanted to put one in and then a lot appeared in random places. 

Please keep in touch and let me know how it is going