Radiotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi

I started my radiotherapy yesterday and felt nauseous I

Quite soon afterwards it passed off but then I felt the same later on.  This is not listed as a side effect on any of my literature.  Has anyone else had this or is it like unconnected to the treatment?

• Hi Calycanthus welcome to the forum and sorry to hear how you have been feeling. I have never heard of nausea as a side effect of Radiotherapy but it could well be a side effect of anxiety about starting Radiotherapy and not knowing what to expect if that makes sense. Im hoping that after that first session the nausea has settled down. Is that the case or not? 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I asked the nurse and he said it was a possible symptom but not very common.  I didn't get the same feeling on the second day.  It could be a lot of things with me - all the appointments are 9:00 but I have to be ready early for the hospital transport.  I'm not a good car traveller but I had taken medication for that.  Thanks for your reply I don't think I was anxious but I was kept waiting a long time and then it took ages on the first day to line me up with the surface guided tech.  Anyway on to day 3 (I only having 5 treatments)

1. Cheers