47 - waiting for histology and results from operation

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi All,

I just a managed to fit in the age bracket for this group!

I hope you are all managing ok. I know we are all at different stages but just wanted to say what a surprise it was to be here. I still can’t get my head around it really.

Is anyone here waiting for their histology results please? My mum has BRCA 1 - I don’t - bit apparently there are now 7 genes they can test you for since I was tested for BRCA 15 years ago.

Has anyone had radiotherapy yet? What is it like please?

Best wishes,

• Hi  

I'm not waiting for histology results but I have had radiotherapy following a lumpectomy and then chemotherapy.

Personally I found radiotherapy the easiest of the three treatments. I had it over 10 days and the actual time having it done was only a few minutes. I didn't have any serious issues just a bit of a rash towards the end which cleared up with antihistamine tablets and some hydrocortisone cream, which was prescribed by the radiotherapy nurse.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Gogsie, welcome to the forum. It was a shock for me to find myself here and sometimes I wonder if I will ever really get my head around it. 

Today is my 6th of 15 sessions of radiotherapy. My breast is a little tender but nothing major so far. The actual session is pretty quick, it’s the travelling that is a bit much. It’s a daily 80 mile round trip and I am driving myself there. Family have offered to help and I accepted but I think I will take them up on their offer towards the end as I am anticipating that I will be really exhausted as I get closer to the end. 

I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your results and treatment plan. Best wishes.

• Thank you both for your replies and help x