Whole Brain radiation and hair loss

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

I've been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in my brain, liver and spine. I've had 5 whole brain radiotherapy treatments and i'm on hormone injections and chemo pills. 

My hair is now literally falling off my head and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and can give advice on whether your hair grew back or was it patchy and thin.

I've a short cut anyway but I'm wanting to shave it now - my kids will go mad, they hated my baldness last time.

Also best brands for a decent wig that doesn't look like a wig?

Any tips or support gratefully received. 

Melly

• Hi

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the secondary breast cancer group where you could then post this question. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"