Diagnosed at 41

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have been diagnosed on Friday with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, grade 2. Had my mri last night so just the wait on the results to see how many tumours there are and how big. 

Still in shock and getting to grips with all the information they give you on treatment and options.

Does anyone else feel really tired all the time? I have been like this for a few weeks.

Thanks

• Hi Daisy79 and welcome to the forum. So sorry that you have not had a response as yet.

I was a bit older than you when I was diagnosed with Grade 2 Invasive Lobular Cancer and I'm still here 4 years later so this is doable but will be nonetheless a shock to the system for you and that's ok. I had a Lumpectomy and then Radiotherapy and as the tumour was Oestrogen sensitive I was put on Hormone Blockers.

I can imagine that your sleep will have been disturbed as a result of all that is happening  for you and Im wondering if that could be the cause of the tiredness which again is ok and will pass once you know what the plan is for you,

The MRI is an interesting experience?  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy,

im also in the waiting game and I totally understand how you are feeling. I’m exhausted. I am fit and healthy, but am so tired. I presume it’s the stress of the situation and not sleeping properly.

I hope that once I’ve had my surgery and started treatment the worry will be less.

Maybe the hormone treatment is also making you tired.

Your not alone, hugs, Jenny x