Olaparib

• 5 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Does anyone have any experience they would share with me about having olaparib ? X 

• Hi  

I don't have any experience with this drug but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I took olaparib for one year between May 2022-May 2023 after having triple negative bc and finding out I had a brca1 mutation. Are you in a similar situation? The first few weeks after I started I felt quite ropey, like I had the flu or something but it improved fairly quickly as my body adjusted. I had a few dizzy spells when doing intense exercise during the first two months or so too, but after that, I didn't really notice any side effects. I had regular blood tests and they showed that my white blood cells were lower whilst taking olaparib and also that my kidney function decreased so I had to always stay nice and hydrated. Since I stopped last year, my blood tests have continually improved. If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to help! x

• Thank you so much for this reply. I have oestrogen positive with BRCA 2 mutation. Just finished 18weeks of chemo and about to start my radiotherapy- olaparib will start end of August ish I think, but really I just wanted a rough idea on people’s side effects as I am hoping to return to work middle of September and I worry about how I will manage 

• Hello. I have primary perotineal cancer. I was given olaprib which I believe is Lynparza. It was a good addition for me.  I took it for two years and I'm glad I did. 

• Hello. 
    I start mine on 10th as told had to have a 2 week break after radiotherapy before commencing. Did you have many side effects? 
    my main concern is feeling as fatigued as I did during chemo when I’m starting to have more energy x