Waiting my results... and worried

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi to everyone.

My story is quite strange I guess. 

My mother developed breast cancer at 70 years, her mother the same at 97 years! 

The sister or her father at 59 years old.

Our is a really big family full of females and that is all. Another sister of her father had a benign ovarian tumor and lived till 92. 

My mother is brca2 positive. She was tested because my sister had a finding of microcalcifications in her very first maogram at 40 years old. But biopsy of my sister's breast is a totally benign condition.

I am 44 and I had yesterday ultrasound scan of ovaries and breast and mammogram and everything is ok.

I am now waiting my genetic test and I am scarried to death. I have a daughter 14 yo and a boy 12 yo.

Just really don't know what to do if positive.

My familiar hystory seems sooooo different from every other brca stories I am reading online!

No pancreatic cancer and no prosthatic cancer no melanoma... our ancestors living till one hundred and more... just really don't know what to think!

Ty for every support / story similar to mine

Sorry for my english I am not native speaker.

• Hi Zelda and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't been in your position but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily spotted.

It's natural to be worried about your test results and I hope they come back negative so that you don't have to try and decide what to do. However, I'm sure the hospital will give you plenty of help if they do come back positive.

Sending a virtual (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Zelda,

Think of the result as your chance to take control of your journey. If it's positive then you can look at all of your options and decide what is best for you. A BRCA positive is not a cancer diagnosis and gives you the time and space to get the best care and preventative measures in place.

I wish you well

Jxx