BRCA2 finding my feet

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi I'm new here and I have put my details in my profile.  I'm at the stage where I have to consider my options regarding reducing my breast cancer risk.  Having already had bowel cancer and ovarian cancer (both primary) I want to do what I can to avoid a triple whammy.  I also have 2 grown up sons and a lot of close family members who I'm worried may also have the BRCA2 gene mutation.   

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had to make these decisions but I can understand what a difficult decision this must be. Hopefully others from this group will be along to chat to you soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Mosco,

I'm in the same position with having to make the decision of risk reducing surgery. It's a hard one to make but the alternative is worse. I wish you the best of luck and your sons can always get a blood test done to check for the gene (how i found out after mums cancer) 

I'm thankful I know although hard to deal with, it is better to know and keep a check on it than to not know. 

Sending love on your journey. 

JayBird