BRCA1

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hello. Just a tid bit of my story. My sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in late 2012 they let her know that she carries the BRCA1 gene. Now onto me I immediately got tested as did my older sister and we're both positive too. I did a little research and realized my odds, so I then proceeded to have a salapingo oophorectomy in November  of 2013 knowing my risk for ovarian cancer. On October 20, 2014 I went and had a double bilateral prophylactic mastectomy again knowing my risk for breast cancer. I really wish that I had done intense research on this gene but I didn't. There are multiple types of cancer that you may get from this please research as much as possible. I was diagnosed with Primary Perotineal Cancer stage 3c in May of 2019, as of December 23, 2019 I'm proud to say that my ca125 is at a 2 and my cancer has been undetectable ever since. I never knew anything about this specific cancer type. Now I constantly educate myself about this gene mutation as much as possible. I'm with you all out there. Your not alone

• Hi

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experiences with the other group members. I'm sure lots of people both now and in the future will find this very helpful.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"