BRCA1

Hello. Just a tid bit of my story. My sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in late 2012 they let her know that she carries the BRCA1 gene. Now onto me I immediately got tested as did my older sister and we're both positive too. I did a little research and realized my odds, so I then proceeded to have a salapingo oophorectomy in November  of 2013 knowing my risk for ovarian cancer. On October 20, 2014 I went and had a double bilateral prophylactic mastectomy again knowing my risk for breast cancer. I really wish that I had done intense research on this gene but I didn't. There are multiple types of cancer that you may get from this please research as much as possible. I was diagnosed with Primary Perotineal Cancer stage 3c in May of 2019, as of December 23, 2019 I'm proud to say that my ca125 is at a 2 and my cancer has been undetectable ever since. I never knew anything about this specific cancer type. Now I constantly educate myself about this gene mutation as much as possible. I'm with you all out there. Your not alone