BRCA2

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

I am Barbara, I’m 44 years old and last February I found out the I am carrying the BRCA2 gene, I have a grade 3 ductal cancer on my left breast.

I finished with chemotherapy on the 28th of July and I am waiting the therapeutic mammoplasty and radiotherapy and in 6moths time full mastectomy and ovaries removed.

I feel a bit scary and confused because it s difficult accept in my mind Ihave so many question, abuot life, sometimes I think that my body just decided that is time to turn off... my son, what he will remember

I don’t know want to say more.

Thank you for give me the chance to write

•  

Hi Barbara and a very warm welcome to the group

Although I'm not a member here I know how scary and confused it can be when you have had treatment and it can be difficult to understand everything you've been through.

I'm sure you'll find the other members of this group happy to answer any questions that you have or to share experiences with you.

When you feel ready it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"