Life is cruel

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi all,

So I'm BRCA1 and have had both lots of preventative surgery - double mastectomy 4yrs ago and BSO 3mths ago and all went well. 

Thought that was the end of the worry and constant checks and omg moments but then today happened Pensive

My husband goes to a&e and after lots of tests he was told he has something wrong with his blood that could indicate some form of cancer. I mean, REALLY????

Can life be that cruel? He has stood by me for 19yrs and watched me have my body hacked to pieces to avoid cancer and now this???

I just don't know what to do or what to say. I don't have many friends to talk to and my mum passed 6yrs ago from ovarian cancer so I just feel lost. 

• Hi Hevski13, I am so sorry to hear your news. You are right, life is cruel sometimes. I don't know why these things happen like they do. My mum also passed away from ovarian cancer. She had the BRAC1 gene.  I was tested for the BRAC1 gene, and it came back that I don't have it......but I still managed to get endometrial stromal sarcoma. I had a full hysterectomy, but 5 years later it came back in my lungs. 

2 years ago my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer, and had a double mastectomy, followed by chemo. She is now doing great. 

Last year my dad was diagnosed with a form of blood cancer.  He is doing really well at the moment. He has to take a chemo tablet everyday, which has made him more tired than before, but his condition has stabilised. 

Sometimes it does seem never ending, and I often find myself speaking to him upstairs, and saying this isn't funny anymore.

I hope you get some good news for your husband. Thinking of you, and sending lots of positivity for a good outcome x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge