Lump

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, I'm BRCA1 and had a double mastectomy nearly 4 years ago. Since then I had my implants replaced just over a year ago. I found a lump after my first surgery just to the left of my left implant and it was all ok and just a reactive lymph node.

But I've now found another one. Same side but slightly different place. I've also not been feeling myself recently and have felt not quite right for a few months.

So I'm thinking that my new lump could be the same as before or it couldn't??? I know I need to book an appt with my gp but it's my daughters 14th birthday tomorrow and I can't bear to put any sadness on her day as it's bad enough we're still in lockdown.

I haven't mentioned anything to my husband which I know is silly but I feel that if I do then that's when things get serious again like before. And yes I know I'm basically burying my head in the sand but I don't know where else to put my head at the moment.

Excuse my pity party but I had to get it out there.

• Hi

I hope your daughter had a great birthday and that now you've had those celebrations with her you've booked an appointment to see your GP.

I do understand what it's like when you find something that you're unsure about but it's best to start the investigation process as soon as possible. Only you know if you want to tell your husband, and so have his support before you find out what's happening, but I think you realise, as you say "I know it's silly" that not telling him won't change the outcome.

Do come back and let us know how you get on with the GP.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"