Post surgery bra decisions

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello All,

I have been diagnosed BRCA2+ & am weighing up my immediate breast reconstructions options, post double mastectomy. Could anyone please advise on what types & where I can find the best recommended bra support for post surgery please?

TIA

• Morning 

You may want to also post this question into the Breast Group you joined - It's a discussion topic that is asked often Thumbsup tone2

Asda have a huge range of post surgery bras at reasonable prices but being a fella I can't say which one is best for you; none of them look quite right on me  (I blame the beard) Hugging

Don't forget post surgery bras are VAT free so make sure wherever you shop, if the vat is included on the ticket price it should be knocked off at the till.

G n' J

• Hi, 

I went for the front fastening ones from Asda. Cheap and comfortable Slight smile

M&S also do a range of post-surgery, most of these are made from ultra-soft modal cotton and have prosthesis pockets sewn in already. 

Most good lingerie shops will sell them, my advice would be to read the reviews on the websites.

Front fastening is always best, as trying to get your arms to stretch into that weird position to do your bra up after surgery, will definitely result in pain and tears and no one wants that. Also, a nice wide band and slightly wider straps are also a good way to go, helps to spread the support out evenly on your body.

Hope this has helped Slight smile

H x