HOPEFULLY A WAY FORWARD.

• 2 replies
  • 33 subscribers

hello everyone.    it is now 7 months since my husband died after a long long battle against cancer, which we thought he had won a couple of time, but in the end it returned and took him./ since them, after dealing with all the legal stuff, I seem to have gone backward, I tried to be positive, make myself do things I Did not feel up too, but i have aches and pains, stomach aches, head-aches, feeling spacy and dizzy and my confidence is at an all time low.  the g.ps. where no help, they offered me anti-depressants, which i refused,  i take my vitamins and supplements, but somewhere along the line i  felt i was missing something.    i have always liked homeopathic meds, so found a homeopathic practitioner in my area, and yesterday she came around to see me.... she was here for one and half hours, and the relief of being able to talk with someone who understood was immense.  i had read on her web site the testimonials of people who she had helped during grieving, and now she is going to help me, it is normal to grieve when someone you loved with all your heart is no longer there, but  you can get back to being almost your old self.  so, if anyone reading this feels they can't go on and their lives are terrible, please find a Homeopathic doctor.  yes it cost me £60, but it was worth £6,000 to me.

if this helps just one person, i will be happy.

bye for now. MAUREEN T.

• Hello Lauren T 

Totally right. I agree with you. I went to see a therapist recently and she talked about homeopathy. I have always been for this type of alternative medicine. So glad it helped you ! Worth it.

Me too, the doctor advised anti depressants, but no way for me ! 

Good luck

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi Maureen!

Sounds so like what I have been through since losing my husband almost 9 months ago to bowel cancer. He too beat his after getting his tumour cut out in January 2022 and he was told by the surgical team they had got it all but five months later it came back for him and this time wasn't leaving without him. I too feel I need to force myself to do things I don't really want to do just to keep myself moving. My older sister got a diagnosis of bowel cancer too just after my husband passed so I had to live it all again with her but fortunately her's was not as serious as my husbands and she is currently making a full recovery. I have had counselling and it has helped and I have had the anti-depressants. They help but only on the short term and some days or weeks I still feel I don't want to do anything, go anywhere or see anyone what I call my `stuck weeks` where I feel I just have no motivation. It's a shock to the system when your life partner of 40 years is no longer there and everything you did together is no longer there either and I've gone from hardly being home and always being out somewhere to hardly going anywhere. I have plenty to keep me occupied but some of the time just feel so empty. My best wishes to you going forward. 

Vicky x