Loneliness

• 15 replies
  • 34 subscribers

My wife passed away 7 months ago from pancreatic cancer.I am so so lucky as I have 3 loving children who all live close and a good group of friends.We were married for 31 years and she was my best friend 

Despite all this I feel incredibly lonely and recently i started on line dating application which within minutes of joining I cancelled as I thought how crass I was and how I had besmirched my wife and our relationship to do that so soon after her passing 

it’s the first time I’ve posted anything like this and share the fact I am as far as I feel still married,still love my wife but so so alone

• It's s tough road Ewen, but you have just carried on putting one foot in front of the other and you know Marg wants you to do just that. Good luck. My Caro died five months ago and I feel her looking down as a very loving ghost.

• Hi Padjo59,

In death, as in life, they only wanted the very best for us. With them - we had it, but the ball is now in our court.

Run with it and find happiness mate. 

Peace,
    Ewen :) 

The day after your journey ends, the sun will still rise.
    As will you.
  • Hello MikeR I just want you to know my thoughts are with you I am so sorry to read of the passing of your dear wife..I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer also it's good to know you have good family ,friends around you time goes on  weeks into months but it is so so hard, learning to cook for self, shop for yourself, just remember your wife walks beside you every day giving you the strength to cope this time of year is so hard but remember your family friends will help you. Take care stay strong..Dee.

• Hi my wife passed in August 2023. She said how she was sorry for ruinng my life which I said it isn't your fault. She said move on and find someone else. 

For me it is too soon. I'm only 52 and think I would be disrespecting her if I started looking again now. We had 21 very happy years together, including the 12 years married. And 9 she fought cancer.

But everyone to has their own paths to tread in this new somewhat artificial existence.

Not saying that I'll live like a nun for the rest of my life. May break the habbit somewhere down the line.

Each to their own and if you find happiness go for it.

Take care all.

Barry :)

• Your wife would tell you..you love her deeply, you cared for her lovingly  like my late husband said go live the best life you can  I worry about you but I need to know you will live happy..I'm lost...but you need to be happy give yourself my husband was 55 years old got 5 months after diagnosis so you go live your life the best you can...