Need to vent

• 12 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Sorry in advance but today I am both angry and hurt. It’s two years today since my hubby’s, Daves cremation and not one single member of my family or friends has remembered. I know that with time there will only be me that marks these occasions but it’s only been  two years. Surely someone must remember the date. 
Has this happened to anyone else? I’m shocked about how angry I feel.about this. Im a very placid person normally. But as well as being angry it’s made me earth sad too. 

Broken heart

Jillian x 

• Hi,it's two years for me too, trying my best to function, I'm back at work in the hospital my husband was diagnosed,but I'm tired of my family expecting me to be grateful for being alive unlike my poor husband,but its not like that is it it took his life and destroyed mine,I'm expected to enjoy every event,Halloween, bonfire night,Christmas because im here,because I should be grateful for the fact im alive,and i really wish i could but i have had a massive part of me taken away no replacing it,love my family but why can't they understand my loss

• I feel for you, Jillian, that must be so hurtful. I am coming up to the 2nd anniversary of my wife's passing, so I will have to see what happens. Last year my daughter suggested we do something on this anniversary, so went to the zoo. Perhaps we will do something again this year, but we haven't spoken about it yet. On the anniversary of her funeral & cremation, the hospice are doing their annual Lights of Love in my town square, this being where people who have lost someone can go and remember them and light a candle, singing carols etc. I went last year, so I think I will suggest it to my family again this year.

As Ruby Diamond said, perhaps you could speak to family & friends and explain how you feel these dates are important to you. It may just be that they think you don't want reminding and that saying to you might upset you. They may have meant well by not saying anything not realising that it means so much to you.

Take care,

Derek