Marriage certificate

• 7 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Bit strange maybe but not sure where else to ask. I can't find my marriage certificate and I need it to sort out my husband's pension. I know I can get another copy but I'm not sure of the best way as there seems to be different sites! Any suggestions 

• I couldn't find mine either. I just made an appointment at the registrar's and got one there right away. 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • It again just shows how we on here have so many similar experiences. I couldn't find ours at the time either. I managed to get a certified copy sent by phoning the registrar as we got married in a different part of the UK.

And of course, the original 'turned up' a few months later in a completely different folder from the ones I had looked through!

Take care,

WDJ

• Do you mean you found the number for the registrar in the area where you got married, or the registrar of the area you live now? I thought I’d have to go to one of the online pages and pay?

• You can also go through GOV.UK. It is a quick and simple process. I would advise getting at least two copies as some pension companies want to see the certificate and waiting for it to come back can slow things down if you are dealing with a number of things at once.

• Apologies for the late reply. I phoned the one where we got married. They were very helpful.

• Thank you so much. I've just called the registry office near where we were married and have ordered 2 certified copies. I will no doubt find it now but it has settled my mind knowing a copy is coming and I don't need to hunt around. 

• Yes your local registrar (birth death and marriages) will be able to help with that. I needed mine too and couldn't find it so just got a duplicate from them can't even remember if I had to pay for it everything was such a blur at the time. 

Vicky xx