time is a healer

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

It is 8 weeks tomorrow that i lost the love of my life and my best friend my husband. People keep saying it will get better with time, but each day seems to get worse not better. I miss him so much and still cannot believe i won't see him again, or talk to him. I am going to scatter his ashes next week, where he asked to be scattered. It will be my first Birthday without him next month which i am dreading, as he always arranged something nice for it.  I cannot see any future without him, we were together over 44 years and life is so lonely now.

• Hello 

Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum. So sorry for your recent loss and yes we all know what it feels like. 44 years is a very long time and you are not going to forget that in a hurry. Small steps each minute that passes is a milestone. Allow the tears to flow and there will be many. Hold onto the fact that you were loved and you love in return. Painful memories will come but they go too.

I am 15 months down the line, and yesterday for some reason I felt distraught and lonely, it comes over you in waves, but today it is calmer.

Breathe and hold on. Keep posting on this. It is a lifeline.

Hugs to you

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • I am sorry you have had to come here, its real early days for you.

I am coming up to 4 years, on the 8th t October, i never ever thought i could do a week, month, and i took each day, one at a time..I was married 53years, and know how you fill in a little way.  i was cut in half, and did not know, who i was on my own.., we had been together since i was 16.

Look how far i have come and i have surprised, myself,  not that i like it, but i am still standing, for our children, grandchildren.

Its not the same life as i had, a different life.

I still have my moments, few and far between, i am not lonely, but alone, no one to say morning or night to, simple little things.

Take care f your self, and a few steps, and you will get there. Its a hard journey of grief, and know one truly understands it, unless,  they, have been put on this journey, as well.

Even different for the children, was their dad, but my other half, which made one.

xxx

• Hi Flamingo

i feel your pain, 12 weeks since i lost my husband and the pain and lonieness  is killing me. xx