Can think of nothing else

• 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello, my husband has just been diagnosed with melanoma. We are awaiting an appointment for further tests and to make a plan but I have never felt so lost and scared in my life.- I can’t sleep or thinK of anything else. 

we are in our late thirties with 3 young children- including a new born and I am so terrified about the future. He is my best friend and the love of my life. We have only been together for 6 years and I am so angry that I only just found him and now this. It has been a long way to fall from finally finding happiness. 

I am to scared to Google anything about melanoma and outcomes but at the same time feel so in the dark. I don’t know whether there is hope. I’m scared of what he will have to go through. I’m worried for my children and I’m scared of the future . 

• Hi Sase, 

Skin cancer is much more prevalent these days. Did you see Chris Evans has it now? But medical care is good and hopefully will clear

It's difficult but try to keep calm and take each day as it comes. Don't jump ahead.  You need to see what the Drs say. 

My Dad had skin cancer diagnosed when he was in his late 30's and died this year at 83. All that time with regular check ups and continuous cancer removals.

My sister has had 3 removals of the worst malignant type, my step mum one and they are OK. I had  4 removals but not worst type. 

Thinking of you, good there is the diagnosis and treatment on the way and hoping it's very successful 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has recently been diagnosed with melanoma and I know what a worrying time this will be for you both. You haven't said what stage in the diagnosis process your husband is but I had a melanoma diagnosis 7 years ago and didn't need any further treatment after surgery so there is definitely hope. 

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the melanoma group where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who have had this diagnosis. 

To do this, click on the link I've created and you can then start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for your reply. You have no idea how reassuring this is.