Grieving for my husband who has not left yet

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello, my husband (35yo) has been battling bladder cancer for nearly 5 years. after multiple operations and treatment we were told last week that he only had days to live, we had no idea that news was coming as he was on a newly targeted drug and we had hope that it was working. We had plans, we were housesitting in the country for the whole of September and we were going to New Zealand at Christmas. He has now past the date that his Doctor gave him and wants to make it to his birthday, but it his gut wrenching seeing him cry every day and get so weak he has to sleep most of the day. It feels cruel that we have to grieve now but then a whole new level of grief will be coming after he passes. Sometimes I feel like I just want to go with him and that I can’t do this life without him but I know that’s unfair on my family. I just feel sick all the time.  

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm really sorry to read that your husband has incurable cancer and that you've been told he only has a short time to live. This must be an incredibly difficult and upsetting time for you.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group as that will give you the chance to talk to others who are in the same position as yourself. 

If this is something that you'd like to do, just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. Once you've joined you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Sending virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It's so hard seeing the one you love in this position. 

I had dreams about arranging my husband's funeral. 

The advice of the other group is good and I hope that you can get the support you need 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate