I need to to talk

• 10 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello lovely people who will understand

I am struggling badly since a friend of mine has sadly taken her own life. I think this is so. Her husband died about 6 months ago after a long illness. Could she cope without him ?

Three children and they all have problems ie alcohol, drugs, mental health. Dear God. I can't imagine how she was feeling and we spoke just recently where she sounded ok.

No, as we all know to say we are ok when we are NO T.

I am saying Why Helene ? We were close and I was sorry she couldn't let me know to that extent she couldn't cope any more. 

Sorry, so upset. Could be me? Decide to go and be with our beloved. Not sure. Would like to hear your comments.

Take care hugs 

• Fifinet

So sorry to read about your friend. It is heartbreaking for her family and friends to learn how desperate she must have been feeling. So hard for her, especially as her children all battle their own struggles.

In our grief I am sure many of us have fleetingly wondered at some time that maybe death is preferable to the pain of living without our loved ones, but thankfully we have not taken that road. For some it is children or pets, counsellors or friends that have helped us to cope with our grief. Or simply knowing how hard our loved ones fought to live as they battled illness has helped to give us the strength to manage our loss and learn to adapt with our new 'normal' as they would want us to.

Please don't feel that you have in some way failed your friend,  none of us can ever fully know what another person is thinking or feeling if they choose to keep their turmoil hidden. 

Take time to grieve but remember to also recall all the good times that you and your friend shared. 

Take care of yourself x

• Thank you so much for that. It really helped. I need to put things into perspective a little ?

Having a quiet "me time " this Sunday.

Take care 

Hugs out there.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Sending you a big hug..  I am here to listen if you ever find you need to offload, rant, scream or simply chat. 

Hope your 'me time' helps you today x

• Thank you Pooka 

I am a bit calmer today. Maybe the "me time " helped. Feeling tired today though. Too much emotion.

I am the same, if you need to rant or talk I am here.

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi Fifinet,

I've been quiet on here for a wee while but saw your posts and just wanted to reply.

You/we/me have to give ourselves time. It's a cliché but one that is true. I say that feeling that the second year has started in a more emotional way than the first one ended. It's looking like what they say is true about the second year already.

I do though know that a certain person would be furious with me if I ever contemplated such a way out of this situation. I'm trying my best to live for her, as I know we all are for our respective partners. It's not bloody easy though. I constantly apologise to her for the increase in my wine consumption! I've also come to the conclusion that I may never settle and if 'running' from one place to another becomes my way of life then so be it. I'm happy enough to do that if I move on again and thereafter.

What am I trying to say in all of this? Nothing that we all haven't already said to each on all these forums since we joined. Some days are going to be good to ok; some days are going to be .... well, you can choose your own adjective to describe those!

Take care,

WDJ

• Hello WDJ 

Many thanks for that. I haven't been on this for a "wee "while either. Until this death of a friend which completely upset me.  I needed to reach out and thank goodness again for this forums. You all understand.

The ups and downs of each day. Sometimes I am ok and sometimes very much NO T. Try to keep going but as you say not b.......y easy ! The wine consumption too. I know about that, and as I live in the wine region of Bergerac  it is all around me. No excuse eh ?

Good to chat thank you again for your kids and words.

Take care too 

Hugs

Fifinet 
  • A few typos sorry ! Not on the wine yet ! 

Kind words and this forum.

Fifinet 
  • Fifinet, you have kept so many of us going through dark times, you have been a rock.

so sorry to hear about your friend,so sad.we are all guilty of saying we are ok when in reality we are crumbling inside.

it’s ok, to not be ok and take time out for ourselves- it’s ok to be alone with our own thoughts.

keep reaching out to us, you are not alone xxx

• Dear pinksunshine6 

If I have helped just one person I am deeply moved. I can help other people it seems but not too good at applying it to myself ? 

Thank you for your support and kind words.

Hope you are doing ok ?

Hugs to all

Fifinet