Alone

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I lost my amazing husband on the 16th of June, which was also my birthdayDisappointed he was diagnosed in October with lung cancer and it had already spread. I will never forget that day he said he couldn’t have treatment because it would make him too sick and was given just a couple of months.

I was very fortunate to be able to take time away from work to be there 24/7 I’m not sure hubby liked it Blush  we made some amazing memories with family and friends and made sure we went away just the too of us every month for a few days which was precious. I think that kept him going because he had something to look forward to.

The last few weeks he did struggle and it was hard but I refused to give in, I promised him that I would take care of him till the end and as I held him in our bed while he passed away I knew that I had kept my promise. Hubby had wrote letters and had been recording me video messages through it all which I found after he passed, I take great comfort in them knowing I did what he wanted.

I had 25 years with the most amazing man and I keep that in my heart through these very hard and lonely times.
I now have to try to find who I am, I never thought I would be a widow at 45

• I'm 50 and my husband is in the later stages of bowel cancer. Days/weeks at best left. Awful disease. So sad to read posts of people in my shoes or like you just a few weeks further along this journey. Like you I am fortunate to have been able to spend 24/7 with him. He was only diagnosed in February this year. 

Really struggling to face a lifetime without him and a new life alone. 

• Hello!

Just held my husband's funeral on Friday (14th July). He too had bowel cancer. After getting the all clear in January 2022 before it returned in May 2022. I had asked at his post cancer appointment should he not be getting some course of chemotherapy to possible chase anything that may have been missed but they said no and it wasn't necessary but 5 months later it was back. Following sessions of chemotherapy made him quite ill and they had to be stopped. He was then restarted on a different type of chemotherapy but this also stopped because he was hospitalised after being very dehydrated and having low kidney function and it was then found out that the chemotherapy had damaged his kidneys so chemo was withdrawn completely. Continuous bouts of sepsis followed but he pulled through 3 of them. The 3rd was particularly bad and they thought that would have taken him but he got through that. Then the 4th time this was the one that was going to take him along with the cancer. He was admitted to hospital on the 1st June and passed away on the 23rd June. I get you Suzanne50 I too am both scared and anxious about what the future holds for me. We were together for 40 years 37 of them married. Just feel so lost at the moment as to how and where I want to be and feel. As from tomorrow I begin my `new life` without him and will just have to face each day as it comes. Everything just feels so empty just now. My best wishes to you. 

Vicky x

• Oh my god 

Just a quick message  to say so so so sorry.

Keep posting

We are here for you

Love and hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "