A Sad Farewell

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

So, Was at the funeral directors today to bid a sad farewell to my beloved husband Jay. One down, and one to go (tomorrow). They laid him out beautifully and he just looked so peacful. Had his Glasgow Rangers shirt on and his Rangers scarf saying Simply The Best. They just don't look like you know or remember them but he is at peace now. Just have tomorrow to get through hope that won't be too painful. 

1. Hi Patty I haven’t been on this site for a while but remember your posts from the bowel cancer forum. I’m so sorry to read this. I hope you find some peace too xxx
  • Thanks Ali!

Yes we gave him a good send off and everyone said I did him proud. Just so lost at the minute not knowing what to do where to be or how to be. Just feels so weird waking up in the morning and realising he's not here now and even going through the day realising he's not here. But I try my best as I can to get through the day just now and just hope the pain will ease through time.

• Aww I’m not surprised you feel lost. You have been so focused on caring for him. Be kind to yourself in this period x