Loss

• 7 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I lost my husband three weeks ago from a brain tumour. His funeral is in a fortnight. I am broken. There was just the two of us. The days are so long now. I miss him so much it hurts. I don'tknow what to do..

• I'm sorry that you find yourself here 

At this stage just be gentle with yourself. Eat a little when you can and rest whenever you need to. I hope that you have some support and sorry it's such a long time till the funeral.

Take care.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • I am so sorry. Nothing anyone can say will ease the pain, just know that there are many who are going through the same thing. Its been almost 6 weeks since I lost my partner of 32 years and I am devastated. There were just the 2 of us aswell. I am quite introverted and have always been happy in my own company, I dont feel lonely, I just feel alone, like I am half a person. Losing your best friend and soulmate is tough. Everyone has their own way of getting through it, the worst thing is just having to endure the immense pain and to know nothing will ease it except time. I am starting to feel a little better each day, not crying quite as much, and I know better days will come. We just need to get through each day for now. Sending you lots of love x

• You struck a cord with your sentence about being introverted and feeling alone. I don't know how I manage to get through each day but I do get through them. They are just so long. I know things will get better but right now I can't see it.

Luckily I have a dog so I have to look after him as well. He has kept me sane.

• My little dog has been such a comfort, I dont know how I would have coped without her. We will get through this, I promise you x

• Hi. I'm in the same boat too. My husband died a week ago, and like you there were just the two of us. I agree the days are so long, so are the nights. Dreading going in to book and then plan the funeral, and then the funeral itself. Keeping myself busy, some days are better than others. We can do this. Discovered that the awful thing about every couple is that one has to be the first to die, and the other one is left. Even going through it , I'm not sure which is the best one to be! 

• Luckily my husband  and I were able to discuss what he wanted so sorting the funeral  was not as bad as I had anticipated.  Registering his death was hard but the person I dealt with was very calm and reassuring.  

It is the hours between sorting things out that is hard. 

• Sending you lots of love. My partner wanted a simple cremation with no fuss so we used one of the direct cremation services. I was more than happy to do this because I could not have got through a funeral service I'll be honest with you. They were amazing, they do absolutely everything for you.I know this may not be an option for you but I thought it worth a mention to reassure anyone who is thinking of this. I find the evenings the worst time, and like you, some days are better than others. We will get through this one day at a time, its the only way. xx