Firsts

• 1 reply
  • 26 subscribers

You would think that after 2 years and 4 months all the "firsts" are well and truly done with.  Today showed me they are not when I went to the village fete on my own for the first time since Nic died.  We both used to be very much involved with the organisation and on the day, but Nic more so than me.  As well as everything else he did for the fete, Nic was the village tech expert.  He used to set up all the sound equipment for announcements, etc, and it was so hard seeing all the equipment there, set up by someone else, especially as it was Nic's and I donated it to the village recently.  Luckily a friend took me under her wing and I had a passably nice time until it got too much and I came home.

Still, I did it and hopefully next year will be better.

Onwards and upwards again.

• Nic reads like a special person. No wonder you miss him so much. Firsts seconds thirds. It’s like walking through a life that someone decided to give you rather than the life you were supposed to have. Your strength is amazing. All we can do is look forward. Hold tight to the joys whatever they are. Well done you. Lots of love x