Feeling lost

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I lost my husband of 30 years on Monday, I don’t know how I am going to cope, my emotions seem to be all over the place. We have been together since I was 13 and I have no idea how I will continue without him. It feels so unfair he was only 52. Hoping by joining you all I have people that understand what I’m going through.. my love to anyone going through loss Xx

• Hi, so sorry for your loss... we are hear to listen and definitely understand!

• MrsBear,

Be assured we all, on here, know exactly how you feel. The emotional journey is one of ups and downs for a long time.Take each minute, hour, day, week, month, as it comes. 

Some people you least expect will provide huge support, some that you expect to support will let you down. There is no rational explanation to this. People will try and compare your loss with something they have experienced but it can't be compared. One other thing is there are those who will say something really silly which will make you angry - but they don't mean it, they just don't know what to say!

The key is to do things how you want to do them. Whatever it is, do it your way!

Take care,

WDJ

• Thank you WDJ. I know family and friends are trying to be supportive but as you say that cant understand unless they have been here. Even though you think you are prepared you absolutely aren’t when it finally happens. I’m going to try and be kind to myself instead of keep thinking I should be stronger. 

• You'll find, like we all do, that you are stronger than you think.

The next year will pass and you will look back thinking where on earth has it gone? It will also be a complete daze.

Take care,

WDJ

• I am so very sorry. I lost my partner of 32 years six weeks ago, its devastating. The range of emotions we go through is quite staggering. I dont think I have ever cried so much, but you must hold on to the thought that IT WILL GET BETTER. We have to hang on to this mrsbear, because better days will come. It is cruel having to endure this loss and pain each day and know that the only thing that will ease it is time. I am starting to feel a little better each day, not crying quite so much, it still hurts as much but it is getting a little easier and I am grateful for any tiny bit of improvement. We are all here for each other, this site has been my saviour. xxx