Memorial Headstone

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Finally, 1½ years after her passing, the memorial headstone has been erected in the local churchyard where Lin's ashes are interred with our baby son, Jamie. It was a bit emotional seeing it there and it feels like another reminder that she is not coming back. It just makes it a bit more final somehow, but I am pleased it is now there. I have brought home the wooden cross, which has a small brass plaque with her name etc on, to clean up and re-varnish, to keep somewhere safe.

Just another part of this awful journey.

Stay strong everyone.

Derek

• Hello

I felt the same going to the cemetery this week, seeing the bench and the awful finality of it. Heartbreaking.

For you seeing where your baby son is as well must be so hard. I send my sympathy but no platitudes.

We just know and understand how you feel.

Hugs

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi all, I decided not to have Robs ashes interred and instead scattered some of them in Spain last week  (where we had decided to retire to).  It wasn’t so sad as I thought it would be as half way through scattering in the sea, my daughter said she had just remembered he was always sea sick! (I had also forgotten). Hes winging his way round the world now, he loved to travel hence the reason for the sea.

it took the sadness away a little.  I also scattered some in the development we used to holiday.

i have more but Ive decided to keep them with me for the time being.

Take care all

Glenis

• I've got a decision to make.

I still have the ashes and know I shouldn't keep them for an eternity. I too think, as I was told to do whatever I want, that spreading them across various places we were together is the thing to do. It may take a little while as the places I'm thinking about are all across the country.

I'm also very wary that I want 'the kids' involved in the decision process too - even though they'll say do what I think is best.

Take care,

WDJ