Even After This Time

• 6 replies
  • 30 subscribers

It's scary how this whole experience plays with your/my mind.

I got a piece of information today and my first thought was, oh 'C' will be so sorry to hear that when I tell her.

I couldn't believe I even thought it after a year and a little more  It was just my first reaction/instinct.

Oh my.

Take care,

WDJ 

• No matter how long there are always occasions when you automatically go to tell our spouse. I still do. 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • I do not think it ever goes away, i often think, Tom will be home soon, been out a long time, then i go oh no he will not, and i three and half years done the line.

Life will never be the same for me a day at a time, is how i still get threw it, xxx

• What I find is that in a conversation I will often say "we", as if Lin was still here. Just can't get used to speaking in the singular. Still can't believe she is not here any more. I suppose it is because our brain has been so accustomed to being a couple, in my case for nearly 43 years. I expect "i" will become more prevalent than "we" with the passage of time.

Stay strong,

Derek

• Hi,that is me exactly to a t ,it is always our house, our car,we did this we do that when I find myself saying I or me I try and change it to our and us and after nearly 19 months some people do have a look of puzzlement on their faces, I often wonder what they are thinking,but in 19 months nothing has changed for me except I don't have as many melt downs and I have learnt to function alongside grief as best I can                                best wishes terry 

• I find myself saying "we" and "our" a lot too. 

You're right, it's going to take a while to get used to it.

Take care,

WDJ

• Hi Its only 7 weeks for me .my partner had lung cancer and we did everything together so I dont think.it will.ever be I. I talk to him every day has always .Spend nearly all my time alone but always feel hes not far away Its an awful dad journey and i struggle every day xxx