Overwhelmed with grief

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Today its consuming me. The grief is so overwhelming today it feels like I can't breathe. I just wish I could press pause and just have a day off from crying, because I am sick and tired of crying. I just cant imagine ever being happy again, and by that, I don't mean happy with someone else, there will never be anyone else for me. I am 62, I spent half my life with by partner, best friend and soulmate. I would just like to have a feeling of inner peace, contentment, does anyone know what I mean? Feeling so lost today, I just needed to offload a little. x

• Crystalwitch,

These days hit us all - very hard! I.always feel it's the realisation and disbelief rolled into one.

It doesn't necessarily work for everyone but I've found myself, when feeling really low, just disappearing for a couple of days to somewhere else. Sometimes the change of scene can help. I've found these experiences help me reflect on all that has happened. The reality kicks in again as soon as I return to the house but the break does some good I feel.

We are all in it together on this forum whilst all so very much in it on our own.

Take care,

WDJ

• Hello  crystalwitch. So sorry to hear how you are feeling. I was together with my partner nearly 33 years, since I was 26.  Now 7 months since he passed away. It's a horrible enforced rewind to the time before we met. I know exactly what you  mean to lose  that quiet inner completeness we shared with our partners. I think we should try to hold on to it in their memories, to retain that confidence that we shared as we still have that pillar of inner strength from the years shared. I won't do that rewind as the years spent and learnt from my partner have changed us for ever. Let's try to go forward. It's tough, but let's all keep in touch and support each other xxx

• Oh so sorry for you. We all know it. This happened to me last Sunday. The waves came up and hit me with the most awful feelings of pain and wishing Barry was here again with me. I was screaming out but shut myself into the house. I could have phoned someone or gone to a neighbour, but it did subside to something a bit more controllable. I hate it though. Just shows how much we loved them.

Take care of yourself and we do understand here. Thank goodness.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "