Only We Shall Get This I Think

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Only those of us who have gone through what we have will, I think, get this.

Tomorrow is a year to the day to what became our last day/night together at home. It was by far the worst day/night of my life that I can recall as the pain I had to watch was just too much as even the self medicating morphine wasn't enough. No matter what I tried to do made no difference. It turned into a night that I have shared with noone given what was endured. It will remain with me, and me only, for the rest of my life. 

The build up to tomorrow has been on my mind for some days and I think I will be ok. It's just another 'anniversary' that I have to get through. The first big one is not far away now.

Take care,

WDJ

• Hello there 

Reading your post and it made me sad but I understand why. We do know only too well here what it feels like. The emotional side, reliving the last moments, and now a year on how to cope with everything. It is not easy. Do what you feel like doing, or not doing as well.

My first anniversary is the end of May, and already I feel a bit panicked. What shall I do? Maybe very little. Less is more is my motto at the moment. Don't push it.

We are all here to listen, which is already something.

Take care 

Hugs too !

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "