Struggling Emotionally Today

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I have really struggled today as it was one year ago today that I said my final goodbye to my lovely wife, Lin, when her ashes were interred in our baby son's grave. I have cried a few times today. I really thought I was coping quite well but today had been a real downer. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Thinking of you all,

Derek 

• Thinking of you on this emotional day.

My turn is looming in the near distance when it will be a year since. I find myself thinking about it a lot. I'm definitely up and down emotionally too and, more recently, continually asking myself has this really happened? 

Take care,

WDJ

• Thanks WDJ. Anniversaries etc are quite emotionally draining. In 2½ weeks it will be Lin's birthday, so no let up in the next few weeks. The day after I am going to Edinburgh with my daughter and grandchildren for a short break, so hopefully that will help with my mood. And my birthday is in 1½ weeks, so I will be thinking of her then too.

I don't think it has helped that I have been making a memory box of Lin's and family things, and it is still a work in progress.

Stay strong,

Derek