Loss of my wife

• 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Went out last night to the pub with friends I was having a good time and when we were talking about things I started to cry, not looking forward to next week as it is my birthday  znd Jean won't be Frowning2here to celebrate it with me ,our friends persuaded me to celebrate my birthday with a meal I didn't want to but I said OK ,won't be the same without Jean being there Frowning2 this will be the first time doing it without her how did anyone cope for the first time ️

• Hello Andrew 

Tricky is the answer. First time I went out was a local music event. On my own but knowing a lot of people there. It wasn't far and I could escape when I wanted to. Plan your exit and make your excuses politely !! If it gets too much. Which it probably will.

I did go home, and in the dark, but had left a light on in the house, but it as strange as Barry wasn't there to welcome me home.

First time but you will get through it. Probably in tears but you can do it I am sure. Good luck.

Tell us how it goes ?

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • It was difficult  but I got through it ,I think the drink helped but I know that's not the way to go had a bad head this morning and I've had a few drinks tonight at the step sons miss her so much Broken heart 

• Hello 

I am glad you got through it. Not easy was it but you did it ! The drink does help a bit but the next mornings are not so good. I know that one a bit too much ? Breathe and try and take stock .

I have been doing a little mental checklist very day. Maybe you want to try it ?

Am I warm enough ?

Are you hungry, if so what are you going to eat ?

Prepare something for tonight's dinner.

How are you feeling right now ? Sad, tired, angry, fed up ?

Do you want to talk to someone or not ?

Find it quite helpful and forces me to react to the questions and find some answers ! 

Take care. Keep writing to us .

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Thanks will try this I'm at my stepson this weekend for my birthday, so I'm spending it with the grandchildren Heart️Broken heart