Loss of my wife

• 5 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Went out for a meal with friends it was one of there birthdays,it was lovely but also difficult for me as I was the only one who wasn't with there partner had go much to drink Broken heartHeart️

• Take 1 day at a time. My mum died of pancreatic cancer in 2004, dad in 2015, brother in 2021. I still miss them. You don't mention when your wife died, but we all experience the loss in different ways and at different times. I waited 6 months to start counselling after my parents died. 6 weeks after my brother, you will know when to do it. Take good care of yourself, EAT, SLEEP & EXERCISE, and if you miss one today, there is always tomorrow.

• My wife died in April 26 and we had service at the crematorium on 14 May last year Cry I don't sleep well 

• Hi Andrew, my wife died 13 months ago. It has got easier, less raw. I still drink too much and I miss her every day, but not all day every moment. We all experience grief in a personal way. I try to find joy in the little things like keeping our house clean. Friends and family events are hard but you are invited because they love you and want you to be part of their celebration. I hate going but enjoy I went. Be kind to yourself 

• I'm sorry for your loss Andrew I lost my wife July last year and still do not like going out to these gatherings. I still have all her clothes and things around the house. Am not ready to move anything. I find it easiest to focus on one day at a time

• I am the same. I lost my wife on December 3rd - 9 weeks today - and that’s all I am able to do is just take one day at a time (sometimes just one hour at a time). The tears come in waves and it is just horrible going through this so I can absolutely sympathise with your situations.
     I haven’t really left the house (other than her funeral and to do the odd bit of food shopping) as I just dont feel ready to face people yet. As for clothes and her belongings I have no idea when I’ll feel ready to do something with those … I guess at some point you’ll just know you are ready, but I am not going to put an pressure on myself to do those things - it will happen when it will happen.