Bereavement

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Lost husband to cancer in march. I was ill straight after . I'm struggling so much. Bad anxiety can't leave my house.  Miss him so so much.  I'm lost lonely scared try to do things but panic every time.  

• Trouty72,

I'm always wary about what I write and can't 'advise' but do you have family or a good friend who could try to help? Even if it's to go for a short walk to get you out of the house?

Take care,

WDJ

• Have no friends.  Son pops in now and again but he has family to worry about.  Hard to talk to him as he gets upset and doesn't know what to say. 

• Trouty72,

So sorry for your loss and that you have had to join this club. Have you considered bereavement counselling? It is often offered through your local hospice or via your GP. I started it about 3 months after my Lin died as I was struggling emotionally and, like you, had lost all confidence in doing things and making decisions. I have found it very helpful. I also go to a bereavement café, again a service offered by one of the local hospices, where you can talk about your feelings and about your wife/husband/partner/relative with no judgement. If you cry no one thinks any less of you because everyone has been through the same emotions and understands how you are feeling. Again, I find these visits quite reassuring and I am meeting new friends.

I hope you find a way of dealing with your anxiety.

Wishing you well,

Derek