Struggling

• 6 replies
  • 29 subscribers

My darling husband died 21septerber 2021 coming upto second christmss without him and feel worse than i did last year.  Cant seem to stop crying.finding all the celebrations  and build up hard.i am trying as i have my daughter at home and son coming tomorrow. I just miss him so much  i used to  love Christmas  and all the build up but now i only do it for my son and daughter.life is so different and all our plans are gone.we were looking forward to travelling as he was retiring at 60. Life is so unfair.sorry for moaning but its hard as people think i am doing ok. Sick of pretending. 

• Hi,

Absolutely understand, had a bad few days, like you 2nd Christmas coming up and all seems pointless. My daughter will be here on Christmas Day so have to put a brave face on.

One of my old friends is at the Royal Albert Hall tonight and put on FB part of the concert, we should have been there as we loved our concerts and now I don’t really have anybody to go with,

Feeling sorry for myself tonight Cry Life is very unfair.  I was going to retire again at the end of the year but I realised I dont have enough to fill my days so another contract planned, may sound silly but Rob retired early and within 4 months was told he had terminal cancer and died, I don’t want that happening to me.

Not a good day today 

• Hello,

Like you this will be my second Christmas without my wonderful wife, Lin, and it seems so much more difficult this year. Lin died 14th November 2021 from metastatic breast cancer and I was so busy sorting finances, account registrations, etc last year I didn't really have time to realise how much I miss her. I have felt so down in the lead up to this Christmas and it feels life is so unfair. We were married for 42 years and this new life really sucks at times. I will be going to my daughter's on Christmas Day and the grandchildren, 4 & 7 years old, will hopefully give me something else to concentrate on. Lin loved Christmas, especially being with family, so I know this is what she would want me to do. But it will never be the same without her there, seeing her smile, hearing her laugh or enjoying her festive baking Disappointed.

We also had plans for retirement and I am going ahead with some, mostly to do with house improvements. I feel like I am doing it in her memory and honour.

Hope you and the rest of the community on here get through the Christmas period OK.

Best wishes,

Derek

• Thankyou for your reply.sorry you are also feeling the same.i giess i am also feeling sorry for myself and also finding it hard to do the things we used to take for granted.  It's  such a horrible path we are on and Christmas without David just makes it more real,.look after yourself x

• Thankyou for your repl.i also got through last year in a blur  and was still trying to sort finances out. I thought last year was bad  but i think it had  not  sunk in then where as this year i realise that this is my life fron now. We were together for 38yrs married for 31 of them so its hard to remember  my life before David as i was only 17 when we met. I dont see me ever been with anybody else as i never wanted to be with anyone  else .

Like you and all of us on here i will put on a brave face and try to smile through Christmas for my family.

Take care x

• and to you too, just need to feel happier 

• As everyone else has said, you/we are not alone on this forum. Far from it.

Take care,

WDJ