Intro..

• 7 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello

Thought I'd do a quick intro before responding to discussions...

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for here but felt the need to connect with people who can relate as people I know have absolutely no idea. The struggle is definitely real so thought it might be an idea to join for the sake of my sanity!

I lost my partner 12 weeks ago to secondary oesophageal cancer that returned in the bone. I am just at a complete loss and with Christmas coming up it's even worse. Have I even processed it yet??? I'm stuck in time with my rollercoaster of emotions with no motivation to go on.

It even feels sad joining and writing this knowing so many people are in similar or other awful life situations due to this cruel illness. Sending strength and positive vibes to each and every one of you.

• I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sending the positive vibes, and passing also to the same to you. I understand how you feel, as I have the same sensation that I haven't processed what's happened and don't want to either. I am busy all week working,  but at any gap am thinking of my husband.

Have you got anything to distract you? I kept up swimming, yoga, and joined a village informal choir a few weeks ago. Been 3 times. . All distractions. Reading comments on this forum is helpful as no one in daily circles  really wants to hear about your grief and here  you can just say anything. 

• Thank you. I'm so sorry for yours too.

There have been plenty of distractions until the last 4 weeks with arrangements and sorting as I had to get things done quickly before I was ready. We didn't live together and in different counties. Now everything has been done there's nothing. I try to distract myself with bits of work when i can or the odd meet up but it doesn't cut it. And some days I can't do anything, like today.

Everything I did before has gone by the way side. I'm just not the same person. Everything is just just joyless, I have barely any family support and disappointing 'friends'. No children, it was just he and I so the isolation I feel now is unreal.

Everything I used to love to do now means nothing and I have no motivation for. But when I'm up to it I will do some things off my to do list.

How to find a way forward when you feel you have no future and all your hopes and dreams are gone...

Thanks for your response 

• PBD7,

You have joined a 'Club' that is like no other. I wish it could be under such different circumstances.

You will get nothing but support on here from all of us who know exactly how you feel. 

If I hadn't found this place myself a few months ago I'd have been so much more lost than I am.

You are in amongst new friends.

Take care,

WDJ

• Indeed it feels really surreal a bit like being in a  parallel universe.

Thank you for the support, take care too

• I think that the post by WDC say it all, you joined a club like no other.  ,we feel loss, anger , well really so many emotions it’s overwhelming. I found the first few weeks I was numb, no real emotion, any emotion that surfaced were overwhelmed by everything I had to do.  But that’s not we are talking about  here, it’s After, it’s not easy, it’s not pleasant, it if you will pardon  my base language ,a shit show of emotions.  What it’s not is your fault any way shape or form.  You have lost something precious, it hurts , however , the old trope, it gets easier, honest, I am four years in, I still cry, I still have bad days, so what.    Did your partner say when I die, so do you, no they did not. We owe it to them to live our lives to the full as they cannot.

Tomorrow is another day
  • Oh I like these two messages. So right they are.

Many thanks for posting them .

Hugs to you

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "