What Were They Really Thinking and Feeling?

• 103 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Oh my. We and I could drive ourselves mad with all the thoughts that go through our minds!

My latest, all of a sudden, is what was my wife really thinking and feeling throughout what ended up being the last twelve months?

The positivity of treatment and then it not quite working. The endless tiredness and pain when even going for the shortest of walks. The eating almost nothing whilst trying to continue. The continued attempt to keep ME positive about what 'we' were going through! It just makes me wonder what was she keeping from me!? 

Anyone else have these thoughts?

WDJ

• Hi Bess and Daybreak

Your comments resonate so much with me.  Just over 21 weeks since my darling Steve left me.  He fought cancer for 5 years but last year it just overwhelmed him,

Other day went through last year’s calendar  to write down birthdays, etc.  So many memories brought back of waiting for scan results, blood tests etc.  Then the last scan showing how much it had spread.  An entry for October for our 43rd wedding anniversary but we did not make that one.

Yes, those photo notifications keep popping up, reminding us of happier times and getting those tears to flow again.  Our grief is so unbelievably painful at times. 

Sending hugs to everyone going through this 

Christine

• I know how you feel it's 7 weeks today for me, I copying everything over to my diary and it was appt after appt and it just brings bad all the memories from the appointments. My husband was ill 15 months and in that time we never really had a good news.

I sat crying, I had even written in last year's diary my husband's goal to get back to work this month he was so convinced his last treatment was going to work.

Life is so unfair.

• Hi

yes Paul too was convinced the treatment would work

he always said ‘ we’ve got a plan we’ll get through it ‘ 

sadly not

he worked ( farmer) right up to 5 weeks before he passed away

he too saw work as ‘normal’ and he kept at it to get  him through it 

cancer carries no passengers and we are all living proof the devastation it causes is just unbelievable 

yes copying diaries…… bloody tough!

in fact it’s horrendous 

xx