6 months on

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

It’s exactly 6 months since husband’s death. It still seems impossible that I will never see, hear or touch him again. Although I’m learning to cope on my own in other ways this feeling is stronger than ever. I still have some of his aftershave and if I close my eyes and smell it I sort of convince myself he’s there. I suppose it’s going to take a while to come to terms with this after 48 years together. It’s so hard though.

• Hi, i to know that feeling, and mine will be 3years next week, how i got here i will never know, just starting to find out who Ellie is with  out him, we where a couple, a team , met when i was 16, so yes only person i ever knew, married 53 years.

I do not like it, but carry on, i still think he is going to walk threw the door, he used to work away, and i say he has been out a long time, will be home soon, then it hits me. Still early days for you, take each day as it comes. It is hard, no other word for it, every day can be a challenge, but some how we do get threw it.

Use this group i would not have got this far with out it, and still have to use it, when at times i need it, and think i always will.

• Carpetbagger and ellie 73,

Your words sing so true. 

Take care,

WDJ