Grief is exhausting

• 5 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello again

Feeling very low and in tears. Thought I would write it down as it helps me to see things written down. I had a very harsh e mail recently from my partner's son. He seems to hate me for a reason I don't know. Haven't even seen him in 25 odd years. He is glad his father is dead and wishes the same for me? Why the hatred and vitriol. He never accepted his parents divorce, and I was certainly not the cause. I know I need to ignore it , but we are already fragile in our grief and deep sorrow. I am going tomorrow for the first time to a group support meeting. In one way looking forward to hearing from others in the same situation, but dreading the emotions it will surely bring up.

Sometimes I feel like giving up. I know you will understand.

Love and hugs 

Fifinet

• Fifinet,

I just want to say how awful this situation sounds.

Stay strong.

WDJ

• Many thanks WDJ!

Another day. Going to this counselling session today. A bit nervous?

Merci 

Fifinet

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Its one year ago today when I lost my husband,and I want to scream at everyone and have a tantrum,but I can't because everyone else is dealing with it moved on,I haven't even started to deal with i feel just as bad today as I did then, because I'm lost I'm the only one who lost my soul mate they could never know how I'm feeling, grief is a lonely place 

• Dear Jayne64 

Totally get it. I am only 4 months down the line and it's not getting much better. Other friends losing their husbands one year ago are all saying the same.

Fed up being told it's normal and it will take time. How does anyone know who hasn't experienced this awful loss.

I went to my first support group yesterday. Not good and only spoke to nurses not us widows. Try again but it is monthly. Will I feel any better then? I doubt it.

Chin up, another day.

Hugs 

Fifinet.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • I no exactly how you feel, people do move on and we stand still, only we understand how hard it is and how lonely and empty our lives are,  I went to support group every month I did 6 but didn't feel it was helping me, it does some people but it dosent help with how I was feeling, lost lonely and very very hurt,  sending a hug to you