Sudden loss of my husband

• 12 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hello

I’m not sure why I am posting here. I think I just need to talk to others who have been in the same boat 

6 weeks ago my husband went into hospital with tiredness and back pain. He was found to have pancytopenia and the problem was caused by his bone marrow. They found a malignancy but were never able to pinpoint the exact cancer and said it was very rare. In the 6 weeks he was there I saw him deteriorate in front of my eyes and there was nothing they could do except treat the symptoms 

I was with him when he drew his last breath at 07:39 on Saturday morning. I am broken, he went in the same man and sone rare cancer literally sucked the life out of him before my very eyes 

Why? How does this happen so quickly? I can’t get my head around it and it’s as much as I can do just to keep breathing. How the hell do people move on with something like this? 

Please help me make sense of all this Disappointed

• Thank you for replying, it helps hearing from other people in similar situations  - it was a Wednesday evening for me too.

• Dear Coco65 

So so sorry for your recent loss. We all know what it is like. This forum has really helped me. I lost my husband just 4 months ago, and am constantly thinking about him. Seems so hard to understand what to do. The small things, the daily companionship, the tv programmes we used to watch, the constant reminders of him. His clothes and personal things aren't touched yet, plus a wealth of photos, as he was a photo journalist are all to be looked at later. With time. It is the only thing I think that might help you. Take your time. Look after yourself too.

All the best and hugs from France.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "