Happy occasions just make me sad now

• 12 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Why is that even times that should be happy - my daughter in law is currently in hospital in labour - having our granddaughter - and I’m sat at home sobbing my heart out. I can’t talk to anyone about it as understandably they want to announce the birth themselves but that means that right now I have no one to share all of these emotions with. All I want to do is talk to Dave about it. This is our first granddaughter as we have three grandsons so far. These happy times just make the ache for him so much more intense. 
It’s coming up to a year since I lost Dave (9th October)  and I feel like I’m crying so much more at the minute. The slightest thing reduces me to tears. Maybe it’s because it’s hitting home how much he is missing - both our son and daughter got married in the last month, our middle grandson starting nursery, and now the new baby.
Somedays I just want to be with Dave wherever he is but then I also know that I couldn’t leave our children behind 

Heartbroken 

Jillian 

• Oh Jillian

I can light a candle for Dave on the 9th October if you would like.

I totally understand, it’s so natural to want to share life’s milestones with someone we love. Every time there is a family event, or announcement, I immediately feel, “must tell Linda” I’m sure it’s a natural reaction, but it hurts like hell. Even looking at photos we took, or were taken of us, but we never got round to looking at, hurts so much, just want to share everything with the love of my life. I so wish I knew an answer, but I really think there isn’t one, as has been said before, it’s the price we pay for sharing such a wonderful love. I’m crying now writing this, I always get up as late as possible as  I hate facing another empty day without my Linda.what’s the saying ? “It’s better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all” I have to agree, but it doesn’t mention the immense pain and suffering of the loss. I sometimes turn to writing verse to Linda, again it makes me cry, but somehow it feels right, thinking of you. Cold sweat

—————————————————————————————————-—

You weren’t supposed to leave me

You weren’t meant to go

Why God took you too soon

I’ll guess I’ll never know

In my mind you’re still with me

In everything I do or say

With every decision that I make

Each and every single day

I cry every day, missing the Love we shared

I miss you more than you could ever know

All the special little things we did together

I’ll never ever forget you Linda, I’ll always love you so

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• I really understand Jillian, so many things I want to share and talk about with my dear Jim. So many shared memories that no one else can possibly understand. 

• Thank you. That would be lovely. The past year has been hard but today I feel like I’ve been hit by a steam roller. I can’t believe that in one weeks time he’ll have been gone for  a whole year. The world has carried on turning but my world is upside down without Dave. Missing him more and more with each day that passes. Sometimes it’s just the little things  like I have to get a new sofa because some springs have gone and out upholsterer has said it’s beyond repair but how can I get rid of it when it still has the marks in the leather of where Daves head used to go? 

• Exactly. It’s so hard  I think I’m going to try using the diary again that is started when Dave was ill. I wrote in it as if it was talking to him so maybe that will help. 

• Hello

I have lit a candle for Dave & you, a difficult day I know, thinking of you Heart

• Thank you so much. It has been a tough day with lots of tears but I’ve survived to tell the tale. Now having a few hours listening to some of “our” music with candle ms lit and a glass of wine. 

• It is so so tough, we are all here for you Heart

• I don't know how to start because I can't understand me at the moment on the 21 of September I lost my husband and best friend I can't seme to feel I eat I watch TV like its not wright after 45years of loving someone so much he is my world now and then that day I wanted to die to and go with him I am waiting for the day I will be with him again it's not pain like I read so much of all your pain can someone just help me please because iv loved my wonderful husband for ever it's like I can't feel 

• Hi 

I’m so sorry that you have found yourself in this club that we all wish that we weren’t in. 
    It’s still very early days for you and I think the numb feeling is quite common at first. The only thing I can say to help is just take each day as it comes. If a day feels too long then take it an hour at at time- and do whatever you need to do to get through that hour There is no magic formula and what works for one person won’t necessarily work for another. I’ve found that I have to keep really busy - when I stop I just crash - and I’m 12 months into this now. 
    But we are all here for you and anytime you need some extra support there’ll be someone ready to listen. 
    Take care 

Jillian x 

• Lorhello123,

I echo Jillybean74's comments.

We all are experiencing the same but at the same time are very alone in what we go through. My wife was my world. She still is my world.

We need to do things how we want to do them to merely carry on. For how long we feel like we do I have no idea.

Take care,

WDJ