Hope

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello everyone. 

I don't usually believe in white feathers and robins being a representation of your departed one being close to you.  However, Nic had a rose from years ago that hasn't flowered since before he was diagnosed in late 2018.  Anyhow, this week it has flowered.  I know rationally that a few days of extreme heat and then some rain has brought it back to life, but I do think that it might be Nic looking down and saying that all that I've been doing in house, garden and life is meeting with his approval.  Also that he is happy that I'm making progress and moving on. 

I still have absolutely horrible days, and am feeling very down at the moment, but generally feel more positive about things. 

That's today's thinking, but who knows what my brain will tell me tomorrow.

Rambling again.

Best wishes to you all.

• That is lovely,

I too have been thinking about Rob's garden, he loved it, I am doing my best but have had to realise I need help with it. But it's the fruits trees, they have had so much more fruit this year, I know it is because they are older and becoming more established, but as I don't know what I am doing it is also a miracle. As I pick the apples and pears I think about him, what would he be thinking? but also like you what if it a sign or his way of saying I am doing ok.

Like you I am doing ok, but still have difficult days, when the slightest simplest thinks go wrong or are so hard. Plus having to do everything.

Take care 

Donna

• Hi Donna.  I was going to give up on the rose last year, but it grew some new leaves so decided to let it be.  Same this year as it showed signs of life again. I was amazed when it flowered.  I'm going to re-pot and put it on Nic's grave as it had a lot of meaning for him.  Hopefully it will do better once I've relocated it. 

I too have apple and pear trees, all Nic's doing, and they have done very well this year.  So maybe another sign.

There is still a lot of clearing out, decorating and making my new life my own to do, but I'm getting there and I hope you are too.

On we go.