Third anniversary

• 4 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I haven’t been on here in quite a while but wanted to reach out and hopefully get some support. Tomorrow will be the third anniversary of my husband’s death and I’m finding it possibly harder than previous years. I’m in another relationship now but seem to miss my husband more. We had some really difficult times but those memories are receding and I’m feeling less angry - maybe that is why this year is harder?? I’m hoping I’ll feel better after tomorrow is over. Love to all of you struggling with loss, sadness and anniversaries x

• Sending some hugs your way for now. Hugging

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hello

Grief is certainly an odd thing, I read that it can come in waves. My Linda passed a year ago, and a few months ago I felt I was managing, but recently I am almost always in tears, I just miss her so very much, everything I do, from housework to meals to making decisions, just reminds me of her. Can’t see it ever changing, I thought that someone new in my life could be what I need, but I don’t know if it would be fair on a new partner, thinking of you, I am pleased the anger has reduced, I never felt that, just an incredible emptiness and loneliness and a feeling of total sadness and despair. Not a good place to be in, but we continue on.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Thank you Pray tone1 

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss. The weather analogy is a really good one. X

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm