Happy birthday

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

It would have been Barry's 78 th birthday tomorrow the 15th September. The first anniversary to get through somehow? Already been crying. Speak no evilSpeaking to a counsellor though, another first for me. Only 4 months since he died but it feels longer. It seems to get worse, this awful loss. To come into the house and there's no one. To chat about silly things and someone who knew me so well. Nearly 40 years since we first met. I miss his wisdom and his humour. Brought it all back too watching the cortege travelling through beautiful Scotland. We are Scottish and it made me proud that the Queen loved there and wanted to die there too. So sad.

My thoughts are with you all today on this forum. Struggling in many different ways and trying to just get through the day. One small step after the other.

Love Fifinet 

• Hi Fifinet,

Anniversaries are such difficult and emotional days for me too, and I always have a good cry on these days. I also cry at times on other days but usually not as intensely emotional. It was a similar timespan for me since we first met, 45 years nearly, and we were married for over 42 years. I miss those moments when we both had the same thoughts or ideas, or laughed at the same things. Simple, silly things. I too struggled watching the cortège in Edinburgh on the TV but felt compelled to watch as it was such a historical moment. I will be thankful when next Tuesday comes around and the Queen has been laid to rest, as it is stirring such sad memories of my Lin's funeral.

Like you say, small steps and hopefully life will seem a bit better but it will never be the same again.

Stay strong,

Derek

• Just wanted to reply to your nice message. Today was difficult but I got through it!

Barry was a photo journalist and he photographed the Queen and members of the Royal family over the years.

This I am rembering tonight!

I hope you are ok. Baby steps each day and they are wobbly.

Hugs Fifi

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • I lost my husband in July.  It would have been our 52nd wedding anniversary on 26th September.   My three children sent me flowers saying they were from my soul mate in heaven.  It was lovely of them but set me off crying again.  They all asked what I would like to do on the day.  I said I didn't really       want to do anything but in the end I went to watch our youngest granddaughter, aged 5, having a swimming lesson and then went back to my daughter’s house and her partner had done a lovely meal.  I felt very sad driving home to an empty house, but count my blessings every day that I have a supportive and close family. 

This is the “first” with obviously many more to come.  It is really hard.  Like many others on the forum I still cannot get my head around the fact that Charles has gone and won’t be coming home.