New man in my life

• 5 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't even been here to read your messages. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me.

I am writing this from Germany where I've been staying since 2nd July. I am visiting my dad in the care home every day and, sadly, he doesn't have long so every minute with him is precious. I am helping my mum at home with housework, cooking, cleaning, paperwork, phone calls and whatever else needs doing.

I have decided to sell my house in Ireland and to make a completely new start here in Germany. I think when I came here in July I wasn't entirely sure yet - but then something unexpected happened, really unexpected, and that helped me very much in my decision making process: I met a new man!

To be honest, I met him a couple of months ago when my dad first went into the care home. He is one of the professional carers in the home. As he was brushing past me on the corridor on that evening in May, I immediately felt "Wow, what a man! What an energy!" I was saying to my mum afterwards, half joking, that I would love to get to know the man. I then didn't see him for weeks. We met again in July during one of my first visits in the care home. Every time we saw each other there was such a strong energy; I could tell that he was looking at me and I was sensing him (because I can't see him) and it just felt amazing. Then, one day, I didn't go into the care home with my mum. When my mum came home that day, she told me that Jugo had asked for me. She had told him that I was at home doing work on the computer and that I was also a therapist. He got very interested in that and gave her his phone number telling her that, if I wanted to, I could give him a call and maybe we could arrange for him to have a massage. So I did ring him, and I gave him the massage, and we talked a lot, the first kiss happened, then more... I was at first very insecure because I didn't know whether he was only looking for sex or, like me, for a longterm thing and I felt I needed to know in order to be able to go forward with this - and especially here in Germany people are of the opinion that when a man comes to work here from a country that is rather poor, like Serbia for example is, they have family at home but are looking for a bit of fun here, so basically they are here for work and also for sex - and even though I find this view really racist, I've grown up with it and so it is kind of deeply ingrained in me and it has taken some effort over the last couple of weeks to learn to trust. But I now know that Jugo has fallen in love with me and I have fallen in love with him. It is wonderful to be loved by a man again. And it is wonderful to feel love for a man again. Or I should say "being in love". But it could be the start of something really, really beautiful.

Jugo is five years older than me and from Serbia. His German i okay, but not really good yet, and whenever we have problems with German we use English or, in some rare cases, Google Translate.

He is loving, kind, compassionate, caring, funny, has a lovely voice and is in every way a very attractive man.

So those are the updates from me guys. A lot going on but all good. And even what is happening with my dad is good or will be good once he lets go because life is only suffering for him now and it would be such a relief for him to die.

Lots of love to you all!

Mel

• Oh Mel, I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you are. I am so sorry to hear about your dad and wish you and your mum strength for whatever lies ahead. But I am so pleased to hear your other news- firstly that you’ve reached a conclusion about your future plans and for such a wonderful reason too. I wish you so much happiness with Jugo. You really deserve it. You have been so supportive and such a voice of calm and wisdom for me and I’m sure for many others too. I hope that in some way, you’ll continue to give updates. But I wish you all the very best and huge thanks. Sending love and hugs to you

Jane

xx

• So pleased for you Mel,you deserve it, Enjoy your new life and go forward,

Ellie xx

• Wow Mel Heart eyesgood luck Wink Heart eyesxx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Mel,

I too haven't been on here for some time... But how lovely to come on and see your message. It is good to read that you are being given a chance to move on and feel loved again 

I'm sorry that the circumstances for your meeting are sad ones and my thoughts go out to you, your mum and all the family as you spend precious time with your sick father. I hope he is free from pain and as comfortable as he can possibly be.

Life can throw us an unexpected curve ball at times as your meeting with Jugo has shown. I hope everything works out for you.

Take care and enjoy the new chapter in your life.

Mym x

• Hi Mel

I haven't been on for ages either. I am really pleased for you. Yes it is lovely to be loved and cared for again. I have that with Steve. I am so happy with him. We have some good laughs and fun together. 

I have had my second hip replacement in March and because I spent a fair amount of my savings, my daughter paid for us to have that long awaited holiday in Italy. I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Venice with her. It was fantastic to have mum and daughter time and it is such a beautiful city.. I feel well rested and we made fantastic memories. It was a shame my son couldn't come too. 

I am very fortunate to have such fantastic children and a loving boyfriend. My life has completely turned around

Keep in touch 

• Love and hugs Alison xxx