15 months

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hey - so I’m almost at 15 months without Becca. I’m slowly getting myself back on my feet with work and life in general. I miss her every single day and I’m incredibly lonely at times. I appear quite happy at work (on the outside) I’m going for a new role that should effectively be my dream job. It all comes crashing down at times with one little memory or trigger and I realise I’m perhaps not as together as I appear to others. 

This afternoon I received an email from a car dealership saying “hello I hope you and Becs are well” and I think this is the first one in a while where I’ve had to say she’s passed. I almost feel a bit stunned. My uncle is going through end of life care and I’m just reminded all the time of the hard memories and the pain and fragile state she was in. I don’t know how I keep moving forward sometimes. Life is so cruel. 

• There's always something popping up that brings you back to the pain of your loss. There's no easy way to get through these  times I'm afraid. 

Take care 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Hello 

Its almost 21 moths for me and like you, I sort of manage- at least outwardly. But I find it exhausting at times. 

My meltdown this week was getting a post on Facebook saying that our favourite holiday let had a cancellation and had become available in a couple of weeks time. In other circumstances I’d have been on to them like a shot to revisit what was our happy place. We were meant to go there in 2020 but postponed because of lockdown. By the time we were due to go in 2021, I was on my own and just couldn’t face going there. 

As you say, life can be cruel sometimes. Sending strength 

Jane

x

• Thanks for the replies. I just can’t believe it’s been 15 months almost. It’s scary how life just continues for everyone and I’m left feeling like a whole different person trying to navigate my new circumstances. 
    I can laugh and smile and seem happy on the outside but it just takes one little thing and the tears flow. 

Sending strength right back! x